lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Indexing
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2005 20:03:20 GMT
Taking this to java-dev: Since this is such a common issue, would it
be feasible for Lucene to have some sort of capability to be told
what field is the unique one and automatically update (delete, and
add) a document added with a duplicate of a unique field?   This
would probably require that Lucene enforce this uniqueness during an
add, though, right?