lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <ysee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UInt32 or Int32
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2005 20:16:43 GMT
I'd lean toward keeping UInt32 in general, so at least that will scale to 4B
documents. SegSize is the only place where UInt32 is used that it will
matter (all of the other uses will never approach that size).

writeInt() writes both signed and unsigned integers (or rather the bit
pattern could be interpreted as either, and it's up to the definition to
decide which it is).

You're right about FORMAT... something should be changed to make it
consistent.
It could be defined as 0xffffffff instead of -1.

-Yonik