lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <ysee...@gmail.com>
Subject incorrect score normalization in hits
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2005 01:54:03 GMT
Hits does normalization based on the score of the first document
"scoreDocs[0].score"
This is a problem if sort is on anything other than score, since the first
document won't necessarily be the highest scoring.

I propose fixing this by adding a field to TopDocs called "maxScore", and
using that instead of the score of the first document. I'll work up a patch
unless either:
a) someone can think of a better way to fix it
b) people don't care if scores are normalized by Hits for non-score sorts

Thoughts?

-Yonik
Now hiring -- http://tinyurl.com/7m67g