lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject working towards a release...
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2005 16:54:07 GMT
Cross-posting...

In gearing up for a 1.9 release, I've been perusing our issue tracker
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE) to see what low-hanging
fruit there is that I can help address.  This message is a prod for
others to do the same.  We have >100 open issues, some of which may
no longer be valid, or they require more information, or need their
patch updated relative to the current trunk, and so on.  If you have
opinions or patches on an issue, please add them.

There are many issues that have quality patches submitted, but I
don't feel qualified myself to assess their viability and fit.  I'll
refrain from applying those patches unless someone, such as Doug,
gives approval.

For Lucene users, it would be particularly helpful if you'd use the
JIRA voting feature to vote on issues you feel strongly about having
in Lucene 1.9/2.0.  When viewing an issue, there is a "Vote for it"
link in the lower left.

Thanks,
     Erik