lucene-dev mailing list archives

From John Haxby <>
Subject Re: Version 1.9
Date Sun, 18 Sep 2005 15:32:39 GMT
Jeff Breidenbach wrote:

>2) Is anyone testing against kaffe or other non-sun compilers?
>This is important to Debian as any software that can only
>be built from a closed-source JDK is considered
>a second class citizen. As you can see, we've been poking
>at this issue on Lucene 1.4.3 for quite some time [1]
>and it is tricky. Support from upstream is always appreciated.
I don't know much about it, but Fedora Core 4 ships a version of Lucene
compiled with gcj that I believe is compiled with gcj.   It'd be easy
enough to see what they do in the .src.rpm though and as Debian
maintainer I'm sure you're well versed in getting ideas from other builds!

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message