lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Murray Altheim <m.alth...@open.ac.uk>
Subject Re: limit return results
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2005 22:17:49 GMT
Erik Hatcher wrote:
> Have you seen out of memory problems?  Or are you being preemptive in
> your concerns?

Preemptive. We certainly have testing instruments capable of
stressing out our servers, but I'm not sure if they will
capture the actual performance of Lucene embedded within a
web service. We're currently using proprietary technologies
for most of our searching, and I'm trying to investigate a
substitution of Lucene, which I already use within my own
software as well as within the implementation of JSPWiki. In
those latter two cases there's never any performance issue
because they're both low volume applications.

Murray

Murray Altheim                          http://www.altheim.com/murray/
Strategic and Services Development
The Open University Library
The Open University, Milton Keynes, Bucks, MK7 6AA, UK               .

        believe that everything is for
        you until you discover
        that you are for it
                               "The Robin and the Worm" by Don Marquis.
                               http://www.altheim.com/lit/robnworm.html