lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Maros Ivanco <>
Subject Re: lucene API
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2005 16:49:03 GMT

Sure. I have noticed that Lucene uses certain programming style which is
not usual. I believe, that there are some reasons for this style, so I
like to discuss the reasons with the author(s) first, rather than blindly
add g/setters, remove final keywords, add empty constructors, create
factories following desing patters, extract interfaces and so on.