lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: ISOLatin1AccentFilter + KeywordAnalyzer to core?
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2005 20:00:28 GMT
On Aug 5, 2005, at 2:54 PM, Daniel Naber wrote:
> shouldn't only those analyzers be in contrib that are language
> specific?

I don't see this as a necessary distinction.  It seems fine to allow
all sorts of various analyzers and filters/tokenizers to aggregate in
that contrib area, for pieces that don't belong in the core.  It
really isn't necessary for any of the concrete analyzers/filters/
tokenizers to live in Lucene's core.

> ISOLatin1AccentFilter and KeywordAnalyzer are useful for all/many
> languages, so I'd suggest to move them to core. Opinions?

It really doesn't matter to me one way or another: +0.  No objections
whatsoever other than Lucene's JAR increasing in size.

     Erik