lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Map-Reduce
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2005 18:10:28 GMT
Doug Cutting wrote:
> Perhaps we need to factor Nutch into two projects, one with NDFS and
> MapReduce and the other with the search-specific code.  This falls
> almost exactly on package lines.  The packages
> org.apache.nutch.{io,ipc,fs,ndfs,mapred} are not dependent on the rest
> of Nutch.

FYI, over on the nutch-dev list, I just proposed that we split these
packages into a new project that Nutch then depends on, since there
seems to be interest in using them independently of Nutch.  Such a split
probably wouldn't happen for at least a month.

http://www.mail-archive.com/nutch-dev%40lucene.apache.org/msg00312.html

Doug