lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Smith <>
Subject Map-Reduce
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2005 05:38:15 GMT
I've been reading the Nutch MapReduce stuff[1], and the original
Google paper [2].

I know there's a mapreduce branch in the nutch project, but is there
any plan/talk of perhaps integrating something like that directly
into the Lucene API?  For projects that need a lower-level API like
Lucene, rather than the crawl-like nature of Nutch, the potential to
index lots of information in an efficient manner is very appealing

I'm not suggesting this is _easy_, just curious of what folks on the
Lucene-side of things think.  Perhaps a chance to refactor out from
nutch a shared library?

I would love to hear anyones thoughts on the matter.

Paul Smith

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message