lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Smith <psm...@aconex.com>
Subject Map-Reduce
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2005 05:38:15 GMT
I've been reading the Nutch MapReduce stuff[1], and the original
Google paper [2].

I know there's a mapreduce branch in the nutch project, but is there
any plan/talk of perhaps integrating something like that directly
into the Lucene API?  For projects that need a lower-level API like
Lucene, rather than the crawl-like nature of Nutch, the potential to
index lots of information in an efficient manner is very appealing
indeed.

I'm not suggesting this is _easy_, just curious of what folks on the
Lucene-side of things think.  Perhaps a chance to refactor out from
nutch a shared library?

I would love to hear anyones thoughts on the matter.

cheers,

Paul Smith

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/nutch-data/attachments/Presentations/
attachments/oscon05.pdf