lucene-dev mailing list archives

From HUI.OUY...@ORACLE.COM
Subject deleting documents from index
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 05:28:05 GMT
Hi,

In order to delete the documents in the index more efficiently during the incremental indexing
process, I implement the batch deleting process on the application level. First  I  get the
internal document ids based on the query, then only delete these documents based on the internal
ids when the indexwriter is closed or the index is optimized since the internal document ids
change only whent the index optimized. Could this be an issue ?
The reason for doing that is that deleting documents from the index in one thread fails sometimes
when another thread is adding new documents in the same index.

Regards,
hui