lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Ahmed El-dawy <aseld...@gmail.com>
Subject Extending the similarity class
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2005 13:59:53 GMT
Hello,
  I am using lucene to search plain text, but the order of the search
results is not satisfying to my needs. First, I want to know how the
similarity works. Then, I need to extend it.
  First, does the similarity class work on analyzed text or original
search text? To be precise, does it count the stop words as found
terms or not?
  Second, I want to add a factor of how relative are the terms of the
query found in text. For example, when I search for "quick fox", "fox
quick" and "quick brown fox" will be less ranked than "quick fox".

Thanks very much.

--
Regards,
Ahmed Saad