lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Gifford <...@technorati.com>
Subject Splitting an index by modifying the segments file
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2005 01:58:10 GMT
I'm wondering whether anyone has written an index splitter that does nothing
more than generate a new segments file containing only selected segments of the
original index. Obviously, there are a lot of limitations on how useful this
would be, since all it can really do is remove SegName entries from the list in
the existing segments file, but it should be very fast. If no-one has done this,
I'll do it myself, but it seems like this should be a fairly common issue so I'm
hoping I can just piggy-back on someone else work :-)

jon