lucene-dev mailing list archives

From inte...@trist.de
Subject AW: Topic Maps/Clustering + Lucene... how?
Date Sat, 16 Jul 2005 10:51:51 GMT
 --- Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht ---
Datum: 15.07.2005 19:29
Von: java-dev@lucene.apache.org
An: Lucene Developers List <lucene-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Betreff: Topic Maps/Clustering + Lucene... how?

> I like to provide clustering results (like http://clusty.com/) or topic
maps
> (like http://www.thebrain.com/)
> And I want write it myself (or integrate a open source module in
C++/Delphi
> or anything that NOT requiere runtimes)...

I programmed a hierarchical and a partioning Clustering based on the
lucene API. the lucene API offers some great methods, which are very
useful for clustering. if you want to programm your own solution: look for
scatter-gather, especially for grouper, which seems the most elaborated
solution: the STC clustering, based on phrases, incremental and fast.

regards,
daniel prawdzik