lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Wolfgang Hoschek <whosc...@lbl.gov>
Subject Re: Lucene vs. Ruby/Odeum
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 22:51:03 GMT
Yep, if one would set -Xmx32m memory consumption would of course be
different. So it's really a "discovery" of the (default) Sun JVM gc
policy rather than anything Lucene specific.

It seems that benchmark results sometimes reflect more a person's
familiarity (or lack thereof) with a tool rather than anything else.

Oh well,
Wolfgang.