lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig Stephen" <>
Subject RE: Error Initializing an FSDirctory - disableLuceneLocks is null (FollowUp)
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 15:08:14 GMT

We've been getting an error when trying to initialize an FSDirectory.
It's on line 48 of the FSDirectory source file.  The system property
disableLuceneLocks is null.  Now we could set this manually, but it was
working up until about a week ago when we moved our Lucene Wrapper class
to a new package.  How is the system property for disableLuceneLocks
normally set? Has anyone had this problem before?

According to the documentation, if you don't set disableLuceneLocks, it
should default to false which is what we want.  Any suggestions would be

We are currently using Lucene 1.4.3.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message