lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Bernhard Messer <bmes...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Error Initializing an FSDirctory - disableLuceneLocks is null (FollowUp)
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 16:16:52 GMT
Craig,

what kind of error did you get when initializing FSDirectory ? The fact
that Boolean.getBoolean("disableLuceneLocks") returns false or that the
system property "disableLuceneLocks" is null is not an error. It  will
be null, as long as you do not specify the system parameter with
-DdisableLuceneLocks=true or -DdisableLuceneLocks=false during startup.
The other case where disableLuceneLocks is set to true is running the
software on a JVM version 1.1.x. So the documentation is ok when it says
that per default disableLuceneLocks is false.

Bernhard