lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: class for delete/add access to an index
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2005 16:43:21 GMT
Daniel Naber wrote:
> What do you think? If this gets accepted, it also needs a better name.

It looks reasonable to me.

As for names, IndexWriter would be a good one for this, and
IndexAppender would be a better name for what's now called IndexWriter.
  Unfortunately, I don't see a way to make that change back-compatibly.

So perhaps this could be called IndexModifier.

We could still rename IndexWriter to IndexAppender and add a deprecated
subclass named IndexWriter for back-compatibility.  Would that work?  Is
it worth it?

Doug