lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Ben van Klinken <bvanklin...@gmail.com>
Subject CLucene - ASF
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2005 14:01:12 GMT
Hi,

I have been discussing with Otis about incorporating CLucene into the
ASF incubation program. We need a sponsor and mentor for this
transition and we would like to ask if there is anybody interested?

CLucene is a port of the Lucene search engine to C++. Most of the
Lucene 1.4.3 features are now available; future plans include more
SWIG wrappers (currently only Perl and Python wrappers are available),
more performance enhancements as well as a catch up to Lucene 2.0 when
it is released; and a goal of promoting lucene and creating an
excellent open source search product. The project aims to be
attractive to people who like to use Lucene but wants to increase
performance or reduce the overheads of using a JVM, for C++
developers; and eventually for users of various scripting languages.
The CLucene product is beginning to used in various open source
projects - including kio-clucene and htdig.

The project has a moderate following and a few core developers.

For more information, please visit clucene.sourceforge.net or send me an email.

Thanks a lot
ben