lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Wolfgang Hoschek <>
Subject Re: [Performance] Streaming main memory indexing of single strings
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 21:38:15 GMT
> Yes, the svn trunk uses skipTo more often than 1.4.3.
> However, your implementation of skipTo() needs some improvement.
> See the javadoc of skipTo of class Scorer:
> Scorer.html#skipTo(int)

What's wrong with the version I sent? Remeber that there can be at most
one document in a MemoryIndex. So the "target" parameter can safely be
ignored, as far as I can see.

> In case the underlying scorers provide skipTo() it's even better to
> use that.

The version I sent returns in O(1), if performance was your concern. Or
did you mean something else?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message