lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: [GUMP@brutus]: Project lucene-java (in module lucene-java) failed
Date Tue, 10 May 2005 12:39:25 GMT
On May 9, 2005, at 9:34 AM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Mon, 9 May 2005, Erik Hatcher <erik@ehatchersolutions.com> wrote:
>
>> On May 9, 2005, at 3:57 AM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>>

>>> Feel free to add any "new" dependencies Gump is missing.
>>>

>> What's the process for me to add new dependencies?
>>

> If the project you depend on is already known to Gump:
>
> * check out gump/projects/lucene-java.xml from CVS.
>
> * modify it (by adding a <depend> tag, you will understand how when
>   you look into the descriptor).
>
> * commit it - yes, you can, every ASF committer can.
>
> If it a "new" project, i.e. something Gump doesn't build yet, you can
> either read about Gump descriptors on our homepage or come to
> general@gump and ask for help.

Stefan - thanks!

I have, as you probably have seen, just committed a cosmetic change
to the lucene-java.xml file while troubleshooting the latest failure
caused by the missing JavaCC and saw that you had already taken care
of it.  JavaCC is not strictly required to build Lucene, as we commit
the generated files, but in my refactorings I made it necessary, not
necessarily intentionally.  I can (and probably will) change it such
that <jjdoc> is not run if JavaCC is not present and adjust it so
that the check for JavaCC is only done on the targets that truly need
it (but are not part of the main build path).

I'm now attentively tuned in to the Lucene Gump failures, and will
jump in to help if needed.  Hopefully the JavaCC adjustment you made
is all that is needed to make Gump happy.

     Erik