lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Helping PyLucene and RubyLucene incubate
Date Tue, 10 May 2005 12:43:41 GMT
I'm cross-posting to java-dev just to let folks know we've moved this
conversation over to ruby-dev@lucene.

On May 10, 2005, at 8:14 AM, Brian McCallister wrote:
> The ruby part of it is from scratch, but I am using Andi's work
> extensively, and it relies on that work for all practical purposes.
> I'd be quite comfy going through the incubator, or not -- whichever
> people are comfortable with. Andi's work can be an external
> dependency (the licensing is fine).

My preference is to get the Ruby stuff into Subversion sooner rather
than later and since its from scratch I prefer to put this directly
under /ruby in the main Lucene repository.   Any reason why we should
not kick start it this way?  If not, then we'll have Doug enable
Brian (and Andi if desired, and perhaps others?) to have privileges
to a /ruby tree.

> I still like the idea of a "Native Ports" lucene subproject.

Me too!  But I don't think that should hold up the Ruby efforts from
getting into a repository soon and for the ruby-dev@lucene list to
become more active.

RubyLucene... soon please!  :)

     Erik