lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: [GUMP@brutus]: Project lucene-java (in module lucene-java) failed
Date Mon, 09 May 2005 12:44:14 GMT

On May 9, 2005, at 3:57 AM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Sun, 8 May 2005, Erik Hatcher <erik@ehatchersolutions.com> wrote:
>

>> Jason or other Gump folks -
>>

> You realize that the mail has been auto-generated and Jason is only
> the sender because he added the entry and we never bothered to change
> it, don't you?

I figured if his address is on the e-mail then replying to it is fair
game :)  But I made sure to reply to the gump list also.

>> From the error message it doesn't appear this is Lucene-related
>> though.
>>

> Right now we are going through the troubles of Xerces migrating to
> JAXP 1.3 and xalan doing so as well, but they are doing it with
> different paces.  This makes chosing the "correct" version of XML APIs
> a bit difficult.

I'll stay tuned for when this settles down and any build failures are
truly Lucene build failures and not Gump environment related.

>> Let me know if there is anything I can do to fix it.
>>

> Feel free to add any "new" dependencies Gump is missing.

What's the process for me to add new dependencies?

I should also tweak the build so that it has conditional build
aspects to it and doesn't try to build the code related to Berkeley
DB if the classes are not present.

>> There are some external dependencies that these components need to
>> build properly, and I see that you've got JTidy in there already.
>> The build of contrib/db area requires Berkeley DB's JAR
>>

> Which I think I've already added as well.

Excellent.

>> and has a <get> to download it as part of the build process
>>

> As you probably know, Gump will ignore this.

Just out of curiosity, how does it ignore <get>?

>> If you don't need javadocs and don't want to deal with any of the
>> external dependencies, run the "jar-core" target instead of
>> "package".
>>

> This might be an option, thanks.

It's possible other projects would depend on the contrib libraries
like the Highlighter and Spell Checker, so it'd be best to let
"package" run fully if possible.

     Erik