lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Helping PyLucene and RubyLucene incubate
Date Tue, 10 May 2005 03:28:30 GMT

There is a ruby-dev@lucene list :)  (CC'd)

> I was supposed to help Andi Vajda and a few more guys get going with
> PyLucene and RubyLucene incubation.  I'm not finding time for that and
> feel pretty bad about it.  There is no reason to hold things up - Andi
> and the gang have been ready to incubate for weeks now (probably as
> SWIGLucene, unless somebody comes up with a better name).
>
> Could anyone help them out with writing the proposal, Jira requests,
> general@incubator.apache.org emails, etc.?
>
> Proposal example: http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/NutchProposal

If the Ruby work is going to be from scratch then no incubation is
necessary.  We can give Andi and Brian M. commit privileges to a /
ruby tree easily already to allow that to start happening.

Brian - what say you and the RubyLucene clan?

I sure would love a Ruby version of Lucene right about now.... I
would very likely shift to Rails and RubyLucene instead of the stack
(Tapestry/Cayenne) I'm using now *nudge nudge*.

     Erik