lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: major searching performance improvement
Date Thu, 26 May 2005 16:04:24 GMT
Robert Engels wrote:
> Ok. Attached are the updated files. I also forgot some of the changed files
> the first time around (CompoundFileReader also had synchronization that
> needed to be removed).

Again, it would be much easier to understand if you supplied patches,
i.e., diffs, so that we can focus on the changes.  Could you start a bug
report and attach the diffs there?

> Since I am working off the 1.4 codebase, I needed to modify FSDirectory,
> since most of the methods are private and/or final. I don't have the time to
> port to 1.9 at the moment, but maybe someone else does.

There is currently no development on the 1.4 branch.  So, if we want
these changes incorporated into Lucene, someone will need to port them
to the SVN trunk.

Doug