lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Wolfgang Hoschek <whosc...@lbl.gov>
Subject Re: Remove TermEnum.skipTo(Term target)
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 23:57:50 GMT
On May 4, 2005, at 4:44 PM, Daniel Naber wrote:

> On Wednesday 04 May 2005 22:59, Wolfgang Hoschek wrote:
>
>> I was considering an efficient impl of TermEnum.skipTo(Term target)
>> for
>> the MemoryIndex. But then I realized that nothing anywhere in Lucene
>> calls that method.
>
> It's part of the API (public method in a public class), so we cannot
> just
> remove it. Whether it makes sense is a different question...

I was referring to 2.0 of course. Unless someone can foresee that
method actually being put to good use anywhere...
There are already plenty of changes in the IndexReader API and
elsewhere. For example, I can't see anyway to come up with a
MemoryIndex that compiles *and* runs against 1.4.3, 1.9 and 2.0 from a
single source...

Wolfgang.