lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Guillermo Payet <gpa...@localharvest.org>
Subject Re: geographical searches
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 15:31:05 GMT
> If you're only searching for any term using *, I'm not sure why you're
> using Lucene?

Most searches are not as simple, and for those the GeoFilter does
the trick.  I'm just trying to optimize for the few searches for
all items within an area.

On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 08:24:07AM -0500, tjones@apache.org wrote:

> >I don't really need any geographical scoring.  I just need to be able
> >to show all items within a region.  Since a lot of the complexity of
> >"Query" has to do with scoring, would it be better to just use the
> >GeoFilter, and to search for *?   Are there any performance issues
> >with this?
>
> You might try looking at the Sort objects, such as SortComparator.
>
> If you're only searching for any term using *, I'm not sure why you're
> using Lucene?
>
> Tim

Guillermo Payet
L O C A L  H A R V E S T
http://www.localharvest.org

Every Morning I awake torn between a desire to save the world and
an inclination to savor it.  This makes it hard to plan the day.

                                                       -E.B.White