lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Lamprecht <clampre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: running out of file handles
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2005 04:21:45 GMT
Hi Guillermo,

Are you opening a new IndexSearcher when you see a new index version
(using IndexReader.getCurrentVersion())?  If so, you may need to
explicitly call close() on your IndexSearcher before opening a new
one.

Also note that IndexSearcher has 3 constructors.  Two of them
automatically close the underlying IndexReader, but one does not.  So
if you're calling the IndexSearcher constructor that takes an
IndexReader parameter, you also need to close the IndexReader
yourself.

If this doesn't help, can you post your code for us?

-Chris