lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Smith <>
Subject Re: ParallelReader
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2005 22:15:44 GMT

Doug Cutting wrote:

> Please find attached something I wrote today.  It has not been yet
> tested extensively, and the documentation could be improved, but I
> thought it would be good to get comments sooner rather than later.
> Would folks find this useful?

My Answer: "Is the Pope German?"

Very useful for something we're about to start, where we have millions
of construction documents, with meta-data and content.  Most searching
is done against the meta-data (and must be _fast_), but occasionally
people want to be able to look inside the file contents, so I can see
the 1% searching inside the content index in this case.

> Should it go into the core or in contrib?
+1 to core... (non-binding of course).

Paul Smith

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: