lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Williams <ch...@allthingslocal.com>
Subject Re: HighlighterTest failure
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2005 02:02:06 GMT
Erik Hatcher wrote:

> I get a failure running HighlighterTest from the Subversion trunk.
> Below are the details.
>
> What's the fix?

I don't have the code here to run, but the problem is that
MultiSearcher.rewrite(line 298) is calling Query.combine, which requires
all the combined queries to be equal. Obviously they will not be equal
in general for multi-term queries (PrefixQuery's in this case) since
those queries expand into different terms for the different searchers.
Just above the failing line in MultiSearcher.rewrite() it rewrites the
query it was passed from the parser in the HighlighterTest. This should
be a PrefixQuery, which should rewrite into two BooleanQuery's, which
should then lead to BooleanQuery.combine() and not Query.combine(). So
it appears that either the query parser did not produce a PrefixQuery,
or you don't have the current code?

Could you step through it and find out what kind of query is passes to
MultiSearcher.rewrite() and what comes back from the 2 rewrite() calls
made there for the two searchers?

Chuck