lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: [Performance] Streaming main memory indexing of single strings
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2005 17:30:42 GMT
On Apr 27, 2005, at 12:22 PM, Doug Cutting wrote:
> Erik Hatcher wrote:
>> I'm not quite sure  where to put MemoryIndex - maybe it deserves to
>> stand on its own in a  new contrib area?
>
> That sounds good to me.

Ok... once Wolfgang gives me one last round up updates (JUnit tests
instead of main() and upgrade it to work with trunk) I'll do that.  I
had put it in miscellaneous but will create its only sub-contrib area
instead.

>> Or does it make sense to put this into misc (still  in sandbox/misc)?
>>  Or where?
>
> Isn't the goal for sandbox/ to go away, replaced with contrib/?

Yes.  In fact, I moved the last relevant piece
(sandbox/contributions/miscellaneous) to contrib last night.   I think
both the parsers and XML-Indexing-Demo found in the sandbox are not
worth preserving.  Anyone feel that these pieces left in the sandbox
should be preserved?

	Erik