lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: [Performance] Streaming main memory indexing of single strings
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2005 16:22:02 GMT

On Apr 20, 2005, at 12:11 PM, Wolfgang Hoschek wrote:
> By the way, by now I have a version against 1.4.3 that is 10-100 times
> faster (i.e. 30000 - 200000 index+query steps/sec) than the simplistic
> RAMDirectory approach, depending on the nature of the input data and
> query. From some preliminary testing it returns exactly what
> RAMDirectory returns.

Awesome.  Using the basic StringIndexReader I sent?

I've been fiddling with it a bit more to get other query types.  I'll
add it to the contrib area when its a bit more robust.

> As an aside, is there any work going on to potentially support prefix
> (and infix) wild card queries ala "*fish"?

WildcardQuery supports wildcard characters anywhere in the string.
QueryParser itself restricts expressions that have leading wildcards
from being accepted.  QueryParser supports wildcard characters in the
middle of strings no problem though.  Are you seeing otherwise?

	Erik