lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Engels" <reng...@ix.netcom.com>
Subject RE: Ok, for a Java newbie, how setup NetBeans 4 + Lucene
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2005 02:51:45 GMT
Why not just use the C port of Lucene and forget the Delphi... The C port
can be just as easily called from Delphi (and will probably be faster, and
it seems to have more industry support).

-----Original Message-----
From: Mario Alejandro M. [mailto:mamcxyz@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 8:07 PM
To: java-dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Ok, for a Java newbie, how setup NetBeans 4 + Lucene

I download the most recent Lucene code. I download NetBeans 4.0 + JDK
5. I use the wizard to import the source and I get a Project with the
rigth packages under it. Now, i want to use the Test Case code because
I want to compare outpputs for my Delphi port. And in this point is
where I get lost. In some point i was able to compile Lucene and
produce a jar file (the equivalent EXE or DLL in windows?) but triying
this and that I lost that. Now not compile.Complain about not found a
package(org.apache.store and others) however I see it rigth in the
treevier. When this compile or not I try with menu "Run Other" "Test
Lucene" and not work,  I try in a standalone project and not work. I
not can figure what i need to do for be able to debug lucene with the
provided test cases... and i have zero experience in Java in my
life...

I only want to debug Lucene.. I don't plan code in it rigth now...

Thanks.

--
Mario Alejandro Montoya
MCP