lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Mario Alejandro M." <mamc...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Recomended strategy for perform test cases for a new port
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 15:05:50 GMT
I don't know why, but this message not appear before in the list, so I
resend it...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mario Alejandro M. <mamcxyz@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 16:28:01 -0500
Subject: Recomended strategy for perform test cases for a new port
To: Lucene Developers List <lucene-dev@jakarta.apache.org>

I finish the main (and boring!) part of port Lucene to Delphi
(http://mutis.sourceforge.net/).

So, I build some test cases and rigth now I pass test cases for:

- BitVector
- Field
- DateField
- Document
- Number
- PriorityQueue
- StringHelper
- Token
- Analyzers (Simple,Null,Stop,Perfield)

I want to know, from your experience, how go from here? I have a
"compile" version but really not work.

What classes/branch must pass/work rigth before the others? What path
follow, how be more productive?

I want to know what is the basic strategy to build the testcases (ie:
Test first this, then move to that, etc...). My first inclination is
get a chart of the code in  UML and go for each branch. However,
because some clases are interacting to others, this can be very hard
to do. I prefer a strategy where I can go for the basic stuff and
leave complex classes for later, so i can reach beta more quickly.

In what point i can get a "working" version, ie: a version where the
most basic functionality work but maybe advanced classes (like
queryparser) is not.

This is the CVS location, if that is necesary for something...
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/mutis/Mutis/

--
Mario Alejandro Montoya
MCP