lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Spencer <dave-lucene-...@tropo.com>
Subject Re: New "Did you mean" feature: How to approach?
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2005 11:16:50 GMT
Otis Gospodnetic wrote:

>Maybe the spellchecker at the bottom of the following URL will help:
>
>  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/trunk/contrib/

Yeah, I did this, the "ngram based spelling corrector".

You build a normal lucene index as you always do
then run NGramSpeller, analyzes your index to determine which ngrams are
used, and saves this in a separate Lucene index
then you call NGramSpeller.suggestUsingNGrams()  if  a users query
doesn't return too many results

weblog entry here w/ more info and a test page:

http://www.searchmorph.com/weblog/index.php?id=23

--

Some chance you'll be instested in the "more like this" similarity query
generator - see the "similar" tree in the sandbox

-- Dave