lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Williams <ch...@allthingslocal.com>
Subject Re: Ok, for a Java newbie, how setup NetBeans 4 + Lucene
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2005 23:26:01 GMT
Mario Alejandro M. writes (3/23/2005 12:30 PM):

>Ok, I was able to setup it and see that compile fine and run the
>testcases. However, I don't can debug it (i put a breakpoint but
>nothing happend)...

You need a debug target.  The easiest way by far is to create a second
standard project with File - New Project - Java Application.  Then add
Lucene as a dependent project to this new project (new project context
menu - Properties - I think in 4.0 it's the Compiling section, you'll
find it).  Then create a Main Class for the new project (wizard probably
did this for you).  Call whatever in Lucene you want from there.  Then
just Debug the new project and all will work (either set new the project
as the main project and use main menu bar Run - Debug Main Project, or
just use context menu of new project and run Debug directly).

Alternatively, you could create a debug target for Lucene itself, which
NB will mostly generate for you.  If you want to go down this path (not
recommended), then you need to read this:
http://www.netbeans.org/kb/articles/freeform-config-40.html

Chuck