lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <>
Subject Re: updating jakarta site
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2005 22:57:49 GMT
Erik Hatcher wrote:
> When Doug is cool with re-enabling the redirect, it's fine with me.

I'm cool with it if it works.  Why not re-enable it, search for
" lucene" on Google, Yahoo! and MSN, and click on the
first few links.  If these work, then I'm okay with the redirect.

As we change stuff like this, we should try to change things only once,
rather than a temporary change that might not be appropriate long-term.
  This is especially the case with things like URLs & email addresses,
that get saved in mail archives, web indexes, etc.  The fewer times we
change them the less we'll break things.  Thankfully "jakarta" never
made it into a package name!

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message