lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Ravi Rao" <r...@alterpoint.com>
Subject Checking an index
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2005 20:12:36 GMT
All,

I have written a utility that will check if an index has been
corrupted.  The implementation is (my understanding of) an idea
proposed, to the best of my knowledge, by Doug Cutting on the
lucene-user's mailing list.

NullDirectory provides input and output streams that don't themselves
do anything useful.  That is, there is no real index behind the
directory.  However one can merge another index with an instance of
null index thereby causing a 'read' of the other index.  This 'read'
will fail if that index is corrupt.

If there is any interest would someone please tell me how I can
contribute this to the sandbox.  It requires more testing and quite
possibly improvement.  However I would like to get the process of
contributing started.

Thanks,
--
Ravi(ndra) Rao/