lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Stefan F. Keller" <>
Subject New "Did you mean" feature: How to approach?
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2005 11:58:36 GMT
We would like to add "Did you mean..." to our Lucene-based search
engine Doug mentioned in his recent interview that
this feature would be not too complicated to implement.

First I considered integrating a spelling checker (through JADT-API)
but one would rather expect "nearby" words which really exist in the
document pool. Some people have mentioned this feature here (or on the

=> Is anyone aware of any real developments in this area?

Ideally, one would combine the data already maintained by the
IndexReader class with an existing similarity search algorithm (like

=> Any ideas?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message