lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Priblouda <kpriblo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Interfaces
Date Sat, 19 Mar 2005 12:33:07 GMT

--- Erik Hatcher <erik@ehatchersolutions.com> wrote:
> I didn't mean to imply that using interfaces
> themselves were a
> potential performance issue.... what I meant was all
> the IoC mechanisms
> that might be tossed in as factory overhead to
> construct things
> indirectly.

Eric, I was not proposing IoC mechanism inside of
Lucene
( though it may give some advantages ) - I was
proposing to make key objects like directories ,
indices and analyzers more IoC friendly ( as
Picocontainer commiter and user I'm lobbying for
constructor injection )

Changes to lucene would be to provide publicly
accesible meaningfull constructors - and not only
factories / singletons )

While it's possible to code around and create
pico-adapter classes, I'd rather see that lib
designers jst provide constructors. It makes life for
eveerybody easier.

regards,

----[ Konstantin Pribluda ( ko5tik ) ]----------------
Plugins for xdoclet-2 are released. check it out at:
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/xdoclet-plugins/