lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Priblouda <>
Subject Re: Interfaces
Date Sat, 19 Mar 2005 12:33:07 GMT

--- Erik Hatcher <> wrote:
> I didn't mean to imply that using interfaces
> themselves were a
> potential performance issue.... what I meant was all
> the IoC mechanisms
> that might be tossed in as factory overhead to
> construct things
> indirectly.

Eric, I was not proposing IoC mechanism inside of
( though it may give some advantages ) - I was
proposing to make key objects like directories ,
indices and analyzers more IoC friendly ( as
Picocontainer commiter and user I'm lobbying for
constructor injection )

Changes to lucene would be to provide publicly
accesible meaningfull constructors - and not only
factories / singletons )

While it's possible to code around and create
pico-adapter classes, I'd rather see that lib
designers jst provide constructors. It makes life for
eveerybody easier.

----[ Konstantin Pribluda ( ko5tik ) ]----------------
Plugins for xdoclet-2 are released. check it out at:

Do you Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message