lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject [VOTE] Two new committers
Date Sun, 27 Mar 2005 20:01:28 GMT
I propose two separate votes here.

	* Andi Vajda for committer-ship on the /contrib/db directory tree for
his continued maintenance of DBDirectory, which OSAF is making solid
use of within Chandler.

	* Brian McCallister for commiter-ship on a new /ruby directory tree to
begin work from scratch on a GCJ/SWIG-based version of Lucene for Ruby.

With Subversion, and Doug's control over write privileges at a
fine-grained level, we have the capability to add committers to
specific areas of the repository.  We should leverage it!

I'm +1 to both.

I've CC'd both Andi and Brian.  Andi - please get the ball rolling on
getting an Apache CLA on file (this process can take days or even weeks
to get recorded properly).  http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas  - I
spoke with Andi about this when I visited PyCon last week to meet him
in person and we both feel that DBDirectory deserves some attention and
care.

	Erik