lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: patch - DEFAULT_ vars in IndexWriter non-final and DEFAULT for useCompoundFile
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2005 05:12:54 GMT
Kevin,

Why bother arguing such petty stuff?  getters/setters, as awkward and
verbose as they may be, is how its done in Java land.  There is no
benefit to making it non-final over using getters/setters.  The LOC
argument is silly too - we're not counting LOC or anything.  Let's keep
focused on Lucene's core purpose and improvement.

	Erik