lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Javadoc not available due to non-public classes?
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2005 00:54:23 GMT
On Feb 24, 2005, at 4:46 PM, Kevin A. Burton wrote:
> You know ... the javadoc on the site doesn't include non-public
> classes like TermInfosWriter.

That is intentional.

> Also.. the site doesn't have JXR output for Lucene.  Would be nice to
> have.

I'm personally not a fan of all those reports.  They are nice and all,
but rarely add much.  If folks need to x-ref the code then why not do
it with the actual source code locally (and within an IDE its easy).

>   Maven essentially gives you this for free...

Maven schmaven :)  All I wanted was a (Lucene) JAR and I got a website.
  The bulk of what Maven produces is fluff.  Granted I'm quite biased
though, so others are welcome to override me on this.  I don't think
Maven would do a good job in terms of our contrib area build
integration, which is what I'm (slowly but surely) working on.

If you'd like to contribute a patch to add JXR to the Ant build, I'd be
happy to evaluate it and add it.  If we move to Maven, others will have
to step up to refactor the build process - its not my  cup of tea.

	Erik