lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Lucene to search.apache.org
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 02:27:02 GMT

On Feb 1, 2005, at 2:06 PM, George Aroush wrote:
> 1) When do you think we can move dotLucene from SourceForge.net to
> lucene.apache.org?

dotLucene, because of the size of its codebase, must come through the
Apache Incubator.  You could start that lobby now, as incubating it
would be independent of where it will ultimately live.  Incubation is
necessary in order to fully vet the codebase and ensure it is free of
legal hassles as well as ensure a community forms around it.  Probably
all formalities to dotLucene, but still a necessary step.  I recommend
you go ahead and get the ball rolling on that, and I'd be happy to be a
sponsor/mentor for that effort.

Like Otis said - it'll be a few weeks probably before we're operational
under the new top-level project.

Who's volunteering to do the website?

	Erik