lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Lucene to search.apache.org
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 10:32:23 GMT
On Feb 1, 2005, at 10:43 PM, Doug Cutting wrote:
> Erik Hatcher wrote:
>> On Feb 1, 2005, at 3:13 PM, Doug Cutting wrote:
>>> I think we want Java Lucene to be a sub-project of Lucene.  So the
>>> repository should be something like:
>>>
>>>   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java
>> I already put in the request for this initial svn structure:
>>     /asf/lucene
>>             /trunk/
>>                 /sandbox/
>>             /branches/
>>             /tags/
>> svn move is an inexpensive and easy operation - so let's run with
>> this structure to get our existing stuff in, and refactor it
>> ourselves once we're in.
>
> Okay, if you like.  Anyone on the lucene PMC will be able to
> reorganize.  But once we import the code we'll want to rearrange
> things before we give comitters access.  Non-PMC comitters will
> generally only have access to subprojects, and some perhaps the site.
> Changes to access must go through infrastucture.  So we should re-org
> before we start adding committers, no?

Hmmm.... good point.  I hadn't considered access control.  A migration
will be performed later today, and I think it will initially be a test
migration for me to verify.  I'll double-check with Justin, who's doing
the conversion, on how access control will be initially configured.

Infrastructure has been quite responsive - so I'm sure whatever we need
to change can be changed relatively painlessly.

I apologize if I've moved too quick with this - it's just been a long
time waiting and I'm ready to push through to get us moved to the
top-level.

	Erik