lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Philipp_Bre...@sonydadc.com
Subject WG: Re: special character with lucene
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2005 16:27:07 GMT
My file.encoding is set to Cp1252. Maybe this is the reason.

However, its a good point replacing all the Umlaute Ä, ...  with A, ...
before indexing, such that people with non-Umlaut keyboards can search for
them. I might do that.

Greetings,
Philipp

Daniel Naber <daniel.naber@intrafind.de>
28.02.2005 17:04

An
Philipp_Breuss@sonydadc.com
Kopie

Thema
Re: special character with lucene

On Monday 28 February 2005 16:36, Philipp_Breuss@sonydadc.com wrote:

> In a simple test I noticed that StandardAnalyzer removes special
> characters like ä, ö, ...

It doesn't do that on my system (configured for UTF-8). Are you sure the
umlauts are okay when you feed them into Lucene?

Regards
 Daniel

--
Daniel Naber, IntraFind Software AG, Tel. 089-8906 9700