lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: lucene.apache.org
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2005 20:05:34 GMT

On Feb 14, 2005, at 2:21 PM, Doug Cutting wrote:

> Doug Cutting wrote:
>> And we also want to try not to break URLs when we move things.  For
>> this reason it's best to move things as few tims as possible, so that
>> we don't end up with a confusing set of redirects.
>
> More to the point, we also want to try not to break email addresses.
> So the fewer times we change them the fewer forwards we'll have to
> maintain.  The new dev list should be java-dev@lucene.apache.org, the
> new user list should be java-user@lucene.apache.org, etc.

Man, I'm beginning to feel I'm screwing it all up :/

I've amended my request for e-mail lists here with Doug's preference:

	http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-195

> However if we want to take more time to consider what to name Lucene
> Java, then we should backout the redirects and stay at
> http://www.jakarta.apache.org/lucene/ until we've picked a new name.

A new name now too?  Wow, we've really been disorganized with our TLP
move.  My apologies for rushing things.    The redirects seem fine to
me now - as they go from the old jakarta.apache.org/lucene/* URL's into
lucene.apache.org/java/*.

	Erik