lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] lucene4c 0.02
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2005 02:43:53 GMT

On Feb 13, 2005, at 12:58 PM, Garrett Rooney wrote:
>> Does your code warrant incubation?  Or could it go right into
>> Lucene's repository?
>
> I'm not really sure what the proper course of action is, but after a
> quick look at the incubator documentation, it seems like the primary
> way projects are supposed to enter the ASF is through the incubator.
>
> One thing that worries me a bit is that at this point the only
> contributor to the project is myself, and it seems like the incubator
> might consider that to be a bit of a warning sign.  It would certainly
> seem to be something that would prevent graduation from incubation,
> but I'm not sure if it's enough to keep it from entering incubation
> entirely.
>
> What is the procedure from here?

I encourage you to propose the codebase to the Incubator.  I'd be happy
to be a sponsor of it, and I'm already tuning in to the incubator list.
  The lack of community around this codebase will be an issue leaving
the incubator, but I think it should come into incubation with no
problems.  The Lucene repository is set up to accommodate other
languages now and the lucene4c codebase would be a nice start on
getting cross-language unit tests started.  It would be great to have
compatibility tests for the various ports of Lucene.

	Erik