lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Lucene to search.apache.org
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 02:30:21 GMT

On Feb 1, 2005, at 3:13 PM, Doug Cutting wrote:
>> I propose we simply import our two CVS repositories in with all of
>> jakarata-lucene as the root of the repository and
>> jakarta-lucene-sandbox under "sandbox" in the root.  We can shuffle
>> things around once we get it all into svn using "svn move" nicely.
>> Thoughts?
>
> I think we want Java Lucene to be a sub-project of Lucene.  So the
> repository should be something like:
>
>   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java

I already put in the request for this initial svn structure:

	/asf/lucene
			/trunk/
				/sandbox/
			/branches/
			/tags/

svn move is an inexpensive and easy operation - so let's run with this
structure to get our existing stuff in, and refactor it ourselves once
we're in.  It'll be a while before dotLucene is able to come in under
this repository (months, at least, I guess).  If there are any reasons
we need to amend the request I made, speak up loudly now.

	Erik