lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: patch - DEFAULT_ vars in IndexWriter non-final and DEFAULT for useCompoundFile
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2005 08:42:12 GMT
Kevin A. Burton wrote:

> Yet another patch.
>
> Right now there are a number of DEFAULT_ vars in IndexWriter.  On init
> these are fetched from system properties and initialized.

The same pattern occurs in the FSDirectory to select between the
FSDirectory proper and MMapDirectory. The default implementation cannot
be changed during runtime, because it is initialized from a static section.

In Luke I added the functionality to select it at runtime at the cost of
using some reflection gymnastics - but I don't see any clear reason to
disallow changing the implementation during runtime...

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki